Friday, November 27, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving!!!


Happy Thanksgiving Everyone! I hope you all had a beautiful day!  My daughter has a friend from Paris, and we were talking on skype. I then asked him if they celebrate Thanksgiving like we do. Gee, I felt so dumb! My daughter looked at me and said, Mom! That's all she had to say, I immediately realized my mistake! Of course, Thanksgiving is an American Holiday! Duh!

I thank you for the lovely comments that was left in my last post.  To know that people care, is such a blessing.   It's been a week since my surgery. I am slowly recuperating.  According to my surgery discharge instructions, I was to be able to remove the steri strips (another way to do stitches) after one week.   I gave my 18 year daughter the task (she at one time wanted to be a Physician Assistant, but then changed her mind) as she is very good when it come to nursing care. As she was pulling off some of the strips, she gasped and covered her mouth. I knew instantly, something was wrong, and thought uh oh...what happened?? Well, some parts of the six inch incision was not completely closed!! And gee, we were just about to head out the door to go to our family's Thanksgiving Dinner. To make a long story short, I did not need to be restitched after all. Whew!

The pain is not too bad now, as the medications do help, but it makes me so foggy!  I have a hard time thinking clearly!  I spent a good portion of the day yesterday just trying to get my Facebook Fan page going, and gee, I have nothing to show for it! It would not let me create my page! I know I was probably doing it wrong, but, for the life of me, I could not figure it out! My husband has had to remind me, that it has only been a week since the surgery and I am still under medications.   Thank goodness for his loving support as I can be quite hard on myself!


Every year, we have this tradition that my daughters and I go out shopping early on Black Friday. But, this year, I am sad that I will have to stay behind. It would be too much for me at this point of time, but there's always next year!  If you go out shopping tomorrow, I hope you have a great shopping trip with awesome deals and finds! I,myself, will be looking through the Etsy shops for great deals and finds! There are so many amazing crafters on Etsy!  I am hoping that I can figure out how to post my links on this blog soon, so I can begin to feature some of these amazing Etsians!

No comments:

Post a Comment